Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby Steps to Zero Waste

I can't help it; whenever I have to do something I don't want to, or something hard, I always hear Bill Murray from What About Bob intoning "Baby steps, baby steps". It may be silly, but it's helped me do a lot of things, and it's about to help me out again. After being inspired by Bea Johnson's zero waste blog to make my beautiful little apartment zero waste, I was unexpectedly evicted.

A big mess of tears, unready downsizing, and storage shed nightmares later, I am now living at my soon-to-be-in-laws house, and while they are wonderful, kind people, they do not compost, recycle, or use reusables. At all. I love my fiance's parents, but this could not stand, so I started my zero waste journey all over again, except this time with three unwilling human participants and a few extra cats and dogs in tow.

I think I learned a lot last time, but it was comparatively easy in a single-person home with full authority in the yard. This situation is rare, so now I'm chronicling my second journey in a blog designed to help get every one to zero waste (or as close as possible) in the easiest, most painless way possible.

Like what I'm doing here? Don't forget to check out the Zero Waste Baby Steps' sister blog Zero Waste Kitchen for great zero waste, homemade recipes for food and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment